Complaint Review: Hi Tech Audio

• Reported By: Claremont California
  • Hi Tech Audio

Claremont, California

Hi Tech Audiofile Street ripoff Claremont California

Hi, just about an hour ago (much like the other stories) I was approached on the street by a loud flamboyant white guy "high on life" and a silent asian in the passenger side of a nice maroon jeep. They claimed they had been accidentally given speakers by a warehouse, and claimed they wanted to unload them before they needed to be at work in 45 minutes.

They showed me the invoice, everything, even the phone number for their boss. They had a huge wad of cash, and said that a guy just paid $800 for these "Digital Audio DA 5.1 PRO series speakers". They even had flier, and it actually looked pretty legit. I talked them down to $100, but when I said I wanted to check the validity of these speakers online, they got defensive. He said he was just a guy from Montreal (which he actually was: he showed me his drivers license and we spoke french a bit) working and living with his boss, in a hurry to capitalize on the warehouse's mistake.

As you all know by now, it's all a load of BS. I just wish there was better a way to alert people BEFORE it happens, because much like me, people only come to this site AFTER they have been had. Luckily I didn't take the bait, and hopefully by reading this no one else will either.....

Ian
Claremont, California

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2003 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hi-tech-audio/claremont-california-91711/hi-tech-audiofile-street-ripoff-claremont-california-68192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content