Complaint Review: Hilton Grand Vacation Club On The Las Vegas Strip

Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Hilton Grand Vacation Club On The Las Vegas Strip TimeShare timewarp! Arrrrgggghhhh! Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Maybe you should contact their main office.

Due to being in the database from a prior business stay, Hilton contacted me about a Hilton Grand Vacation Club (HGVC) promotion at their newest resort on the Las Vegas Strip.

We were planning on going to LV anyways for a friends wedding, so I told them I'd be interested if they could do it that weekend. They said no problem and I proceeded to pay in advance for three nights stay with obligation to attend the timeshare presentation.

Well..., after promises of no hard sell tactics, my wife and I endured 2.5 hours of 'no, I don't think we are interested' and fending off ever sweetened offers.

They finally released us on our way sunday at 1230pm.

We proceeded to check out via express early am monday.

Three days later I received a copy of the bill with and additional $200 worth of charges. It seems they billed us full rates as if we did not attend their sales interrogation!

When I called them on it, I got the run around with promises that a manager would review and get back to me. That was two days and three phonecalls from me ago!

I object to the HGVC strong armed sales techniques, their lack of customer service, their mis representation, and their fradulent charges! I have filed an official dispute of charges with my credit card company.

Joe
Garden Grove, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2004 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hilton-grand-vacation-club-on-the-las-vegas-strip/las-vegas-nevada/hilton-grand-vacation-club-on-the-las-vegas-strip-timeshare-timewarp-arrrrgggghhhh-las-v-90878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Maybe you should contact their main office.

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

I own with Hilton. Have for over 5 years. They are, as you found in your experience, in the business of selling vacation packages. I have had some good and bad experiences in this area, even as an owner.

However, what I have found is:
1. You need to be persistant and call the main office again and again to let them know your gripe. It took me three months and a lot of time in my most recent expereince, but I did eventually receive a fair offer of compensation from them.

2. The people who show you on the tour are realestate agents who work on a commission. No sale, no commission. And yes, some are more honest than others. But from my persnal expereince, those who are not upfront, son't stay with the comapny long. However as in all realestate, you have a buyers remorse clause if you do buy and change your mind.

3. I have take tours with many companies for the "free" stuff. Nothing is free, except maybe the air you breath. Everything has a catch. I have to tell you though, that Hilton was the least aggressive of any of the companies I have toured with. You say you left after the allotted time. If you did, you shouldn't have been charged. Again, call their customer service dept. in Orlando and let them know.

That's just my opinion. If you haven't gotten any satisfaction, call them. Ask for customer relations. And then,. let us know how you made out. Objecting on this site won't get you a lot. you gotta tell them.