Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Sat, January 12, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 12, 2013

• Reported By: Howard — Palmerton Pennsylvania United States of America
Hobbytron

Hobbytron sent me a defected toy and they won't reply to me for a return or refund Internet

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I purchased a remote control helicopter for my grandson for Christmas. I gave it to him unopened Jan 5th 2013. His father went to charge the thing up and noticed the plug in area for the charger was broken. I tried sending a live message to hobbytron on the internet and they said "do to the large amount of call's they would get back to me". On the back of my receipt it say's all claims on purchases made during November and December 2012 must be sent in before the 20th of January 2013. It also states that if I try a charge back they will charge me $50.00 to do so.

I tried to call their phone line so I could speak to a customer service person and I get the same story that the message box is full. It's not so much the loss of the money but now what does my grandson think of me for giving him a broken toy for Christmas. I would like to have this toy replaced.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 05:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hobbytron/internet/hobbytron-sent-me-a-defected-toy-and-they-wont-reply-to-me-for-a-return-or-refund-intern-995820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hobbytron