Complaint Review: Hobert Pools

• Reported By: david — Wylie Texas USA
  • Hobert Pools

Wylie, Texas
    USA

Hobert Pools Poor response neighbor damage Wylie Texas **Author of this Report is NOT CONFIRMED**

If you value your neighbors.. don't use them. On the 9th my neighbor sent them pictures of the damage they did in my yard building the pool. When cleaning the pool muratic acid got through the fence and killed parts of my yard and a bush. Then the fill dirt they spread got washed into my yard causing a muddy mess.
The response to the neighbor was basically (my take) how serious is it and can you fix it. Not very professional to have clients clean up their mess.
About a week later I saw one of their folks coming in to check on the pool and showed them the issue. He took pictures and said he would turn them in for a response / fix.
After two weeks I contacted them by phone and was told they are a reputable company and take care of issues that arise. Please send some pictures... I had sent the information and pictures in on their website previously.. they had not looked. I was assured someone would contact me by Monday as this was a Friday.... Following Tuesday I call in.. and get told to send some pictures .

Finally someone said their supervisor would have to take a look.. Chris Hobert came out and took more pictures. Assured me that it was an issue they would rectify and I would be a priority. Guess what he took pictures.

A couple days later I called to see what was going on. They said they were trying to find a pink Crepe Myrtle to replace my dead one... And I would be called when the crew was coming out.

I checked Coventington.. they had several pink crepe mrytles available. I call and said Hey we have been calling it a bush but it is just a short tree, and available.

Now it has been ~ 18 days of mud in my yard. Mosquitoes are getting bad, some kind of wasp is finding the mud alluring.. And my dogs have been tracking mud into the house daily.. I dug a trench to drain the water from the back yard.

I call again A tree will be picked up tomorrow and the crew will come out the following day (Thursday today) it is now 7:30 PM and still no crew.. I checked at 3 and was told they work till dark..

I think tomorrow I will call and ask Chris his definition of priority.

Not happy with Hobert.. Don't want to be mad or cause trouble with a good neighbor as it is not their fault a contractor does not control their work area or honor their word.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2017 05:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hobert-pools/wylie-texas/hobert-pools-poor-response-neighbor-damage-wylie-texas-author-of-this-report-is-not-con-1397127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content