Complaint Review: Home Depot

• Home Depot
    3202 S Kingshighway
    Saint Louis, Missouri
    United States of America

Home Depot RF Instalations We don't repair, Call Handy man,Buy new door or turn into Insurance Saint Louis, Missouri

*Consumer Comment: AOG: Storm Door-Wind damaged

I purchased a New Pre hung exterior door with side lite and a new upgraded storm door to be installed thru HD barely a year old in fact the storm door is still under a year old as of this date 4/24/13

Friday 4/19/13 it was really windy and the wind blew the storm door open and split the jam on the side where the closer is installed  this was not suppose to happen with a new installed storm door.

I went to HD to talk to somebody about what happen and could I pay To have it repaired. The person in the door department said my guys don't repair you have to get a handyman to repair,  I said a handyman is not a professional door installer, he told me to try the Pro desk and ask them, so I went to the Pro desk and showed pictures of the damage and he went into office and talked to someone and came back and said they would pay to have someone from I take it from RF Installation to asess the damage. [continued below]....
.....

I recieve a call from M as she leaves a message that they can not come out because they don't repair but I can call the Millwork department and get a new door installed.  So I call right away and get the millwork dprt and ask if I am to get a new door at whose cost (M was vague on the message) millwork deprt sends me to doors and the same guy said the manufacturer will not pay for the storm door wind damage to the jamb of my expensive exterior door.  I said I guess I am SOL and he said call your insurance Co.  Thats it!!

My family have spent alot of money I had a new Kitchen installed I have another property that I work on this store is the bigger rehab store.  I plan never to use homedepot for any building projects.

Linda

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 07:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/home-depot/saint-louis-missouri-63139/home-depot-rf-instalations-we-dont-repair-call-handy-manbuy-new-door-or-turn-into-insur-1045776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AOG: Storm Door-Wind damaged

AUTHOR: D-man - ()

Linda;  I read your report on the RF installed Exterior door, with side lites.  Acts of God, "Wind blowing storm door" aren't covered under any manufactures warranty.  No one wants to hear that it is not covered.  Consider this Linda; was the storm door locked when the wind caught it?  Probable not, it wouldn't have come open if that being the case. Sounds to me that Home Depot was giving you an option for another door!  You deffinately have a claim for your Home Owner Insurance company.  Unfortunately you will have to pay the deductible. Home Depot will do everything in their power on an installation and more.  I have used them many times.  I love my Feather River door that was bought at Home Depot and installed thru the store.