Complaint Review: Home for Good Dogs Rescue

465 Springfield Avenue
    Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
    USA

Home for Good Dogs Rescue dog confiscation Berkeley Heights New Jersey

We recently adopted a dog and at one point we thought that we would have to return our dog due to allergy issues. The issues improved and we decided that we could not part with our dog and would be keeping her. We thought they would be thrilled and went in person to tell them. The co-owners Toni Ann Turco and Richard Errico became livid,  that we were keeping her and screamed, waving arms  in my husband's face in front of the volunteers that if we did not return our dog immediately  that they were taking us to court and we would incur all costs. Our dog was cruelly forced from our loving home and hearts for no reason. My son returned the dog to prove he had no allergic reaction. [continued below]....

..... Yes, a rescue that takes away dogs so they can earn double the fee because they give no refunds. I cried for weeks truly heartbroken. On top of that they then lied and denied the incident ever happened to the multiple agencies I reported them to. They proudly state that they have "no remorse" for the way they treat people. Toniann's favorite taunt is "take me to court".

They are unlicensed and unregistered therefore have no oversight. Even vet techs don't have to be credentialed.  They are now the local pet shop without the rules and regulations ensuring the safety of the dogs. It is time for this type of rescue to be accountable to someone regarding finances, sanitation, record keeping etc. and the welfare of these animals. They are misleading people with flowery and untrue profiles of these dogs on their website.  My dog  was falsely advertised  as "loving scenic drives", when in fact had severe car sickness and had to be physically forced shaking into a car. She must have had a miserable drive up from S. Carolina. The "fostering" involved a few hours in NJ before we got her.

They have well over 100 negative reviews from adoptees, staff and volunteers for a reason. They are a poorly run "rescue" headed by self gratifying little chieftains.  Their zealously has left them heartless. Read the contract...you have no rights. Despicable, lying thieves.  I miss my dog terribly and don't know how they sleep at night.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2017 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/home-for-good-dogs-rescue/berkeley-heights-new-jersey/home-for-good-dogs-rescue-dog-confiscation-berkeley-heights-new-jersey-1375738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content