Complaint Review:

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

The HVAC company informed me that HWA was pressuring them to say that the AC unit compressor was a pre-existing condition. They sent 4 technicians and they all went through the same process. The last HVAC company was very honest with me and told me to fight them.

The next day I wrote a letter to the person the BBB recommended me to contact. I told them that my claim was denied under false accusations. I also informed her that all 4 technicians would put into writing that they were being bullied by the warranty company. I also informed them they were in violation of my warranty and also unethical. I told them I would follow up with legal action if it wasn't resolved.

After being stone-walled for two weeks they called me the next day and approved my claim. Granted, they were cold as ice and angry with me, but I felt very vindicated. I saved thousands of dollars!! The saint technician told me to go with Cross Country Home Warranty in the future. He explained they were top notch and good to work with.

I forgot to mention that no HVAC company was willing to do the work because this company was so cheap and unpleasant to deal with. The company that installed it for me probably lost money but they have a customer for life. All I can say is fight and push right back at them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2012 05:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/home-warranty-of-america/lincolnshire-illinois-60069-0850/home-warranty-of-america-i-fought-them-and-won-lincolnshire-illinois-907982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Warranty of America