Complaint Review: Homeadvisor service magic

• Homeadvisor service magic
    14023 Denver West Parkway Suite 200
    Golden, Colorado
    USA

I was sold 4 fake leads my very first month doing business with them.  The fake leads are about: $60.00 each!  They promise that at any time you are disatisfied, you can get your money back.  I never tried to even get my money back, just refused to pay for one $69.00 lead and proved to them it was a fake lead, along with 3 others and they never helped at all, in fact, they sent me to collections over the fake lead they demand I pay for.  They owe me $69.00 times 4 fake leads (probalby many many more, but 4 is all I could prove easily without this turning into a full time job to prove any more than 4). They took: $249.00 from me and sold me 4 fake leads and then they withdrew the money from my account.  I just got a collection letter for the $69.00 after I cancelled with them and told them of the fraud they were committing!  Now that they sent me to collections, I want to fight them for my money back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2013 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/homeadvisor-service-magic/golden-colorado-80401/homeadvisorservice-magic-they-sell-fake-leads-at-6000-each-golden-colorado-1078555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I am a HomeAdvisor Bad lead

AUTHOR: nvdv - ()

I was put on a call list by Homeadvisor. I filled out report to try to get my number taken off their call iist. Frankly a nasty letter. They sold my number as a "lead" to numerous contractors who then contacted me 5-6 times a day. At first I hung up but when I spoke to a couple I realized what was going on. That they had paid for my number so I talked ot all of them explaining the situation. I realized what a scam HomeAdvisor is running. They have a 200 million dollar a year business selling leads. I was one lead. 80 bucks a pop.  Nifty business. I wrote to christerrill@homeadvisor.com the CEO of HOmeAdvisor telling him what I thought (write to him. innundate his box with your concerns)

Dear Mr. Terrill

I have been receiving non stop calls from contractors and vendors who say your company has tole them I need a room addition on my home. I don't. In fact I have been calling you non stop to try to have you take me off your call list. I'm on the DNC list but you persist in calling.

I filled out a nasty request on home advisor telling you and your people to go F-off and stop calling me Guess what? You passed that note along to contractors that pay for your service as "a lead." Now instead of hanging up on people, I'm talking to these contractors and vendors and telling them what your fraudulent practices are. You charge them 84 bucks a lead. Nifty profit for you and your company huh. I get 5 calls a day. 400 bucks just on my phone number.  Nice profit for passing along false info.

I spoke with a contractor yesterday who was really distressed by it. And another one today.

I"m going to go to the press with this. As a writer I find this to be a really interesting subject. Would love to interview you.  I will do everything in my power to have it blow up online.  Social media is a powerful thing.  You and your company are a fraud taking advantage of people. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Sincerely

I received a call from HomeAdvisor the very next morning. THey were very concerned about my email. They know the scam they are running. They reassured me several times that they would reimburse the contractors. THeir reaction time was amazing. I am the bad lead you can put a face on.  Those of you who suspect you are being ripped off. You are. Lawyers who are looking for someone to come forward I am the person who can close the circle. Imagine the amount of restitution HomeAdvisor would have to pay if they got sued. I encourage all of you who are victims of HomeAdvisor to contact lawyers.  The manager who called me is Tyler. His direct number is 303 963-8042

Call him. Tell him of your concerns. Demand that they refund you all your money. Show them this report. Fight back.

I called, got M. Black answering machine

AUTHOR: Svines - ()

Your "lead replacement" is not true either as I tried that first .....then i tried contacting my rep, she didnt help me eihter, then I called your customer service 15 times.  You told me to call you, I did, and only a voice mail is on....I gave you my home number on your voice mail....lets see if you call me back!

Your Concerns

AUTHOR: HASupport - ()

Hi "Svines" -

I'm sorry to hear your concerns about your account.  We do offer lead replacements on a case-by-case basis and would like to take a look over your account to see what we can do to help.  You may reach me directly at 303-963-8066.

Thanks,