Complaint Review: Homeaglow

• Reported By: Jennifer — Houston Texas USA
  • Homeaglow

Nationwide
    USA

Homeaglow previously Homejoy, aka Bubbly Cleaning in Houston Theft Houston Nationwide

I purchased a Groupon for Bubbly Cleaning, aka Homeaglow, Homejoy on July 24, 2017 for 2.5 hours of cleaning for $69.00.

I contacted Bubbly Cleaning that same day and set up a cleaning for Wednesday August 2, 2017 and paid for an additional hour for a total of 3.5 hours.  Adam sent me a text and let me know he was the cleaner that was assigned to me and he would see me on the 2nd.

On the 2nd of Auguast he was to be here at 9:30 and send me a text at 8:15 saying he can not make it.  I immediately called Groupon demanding my money back and because it was past their 3 day period would not refund my money.  Adam told me to log into the website and cancel the appointment and a new cleaner would be assigned.

I did that and received a text from Monica stating that she was the new cleaner and would be there the next day at 2:00!  Great she showed up at 1:30 not a big deal.  I showed her what needed to be done and I was home the whole time.  She stayed for only 2 hours and I thought she is just really quick.  After she left I started to look around and she did absolutely nothing.  I went to the master and while walking on the marble floor it was incredibly sticky!  I went downstairs to get a rag to clean the floor with and all the sudden had a horrible feeling.  I opened a jewelry drawer and Monica took me for over 60K in jewelry!

I immediately called the police filed a report we spoke with Monica and let her know if she would just return my items I would not press charges!  She hung up & blocked our numbers.

The company claims per their website "All of our Cleaning Professionals have passed a criminal background check and have been thoroughly reviewed by past clients"!  False according to HPD Monica has 17 priors!!!  This person was in my home!

Homaglow should be ashamed they are a sham, and apparently hire thieves!  Apparently this is the companies MO!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2017 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/homeaglow/nationwide/homeaglow-previously-homejoy-aka-bubbly-cleaning-in-houston-theft-houston-nationwide-1399824. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content