Report: #203715

Dallas, Texas
  • Phone: 800-206-2901
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

My situation with Homecomings Financial has been going on since Feb. 2006. My original loan was made through Summit Bank who then sold my loan to Homecomings.

All the paperwork was notarized and legal. The contract initiated accordng to the terms of contract. Since my wife and I are paid at the end of the month I requested and received a payment due date of the 10th of each month. The first payment was to be due on Feb. 10, 2006.

Unfortunately, when Homecomings purchased the loan they changed that due date to Jan. 22, 2006 and the 22nd of each month thereafter. They did not notify me of this change, and I understand that any change to the legally documented loan needs to be made by certified mail.

Because of this, I was immediately a couple of weeks behind on my payments. I have called Homecomings a minimum of four times a month since then, and each time I have been promised that the issue would be taken care of. Of course, I wouldn't be writting here if it had and I continue to be plagued by this issue.

This is certainly not a life or death situation. I am a performing account without bankruptcy. I simply want Homecomings to honor the original terms of my loan, as they are legally required to do.

I'm tired of being lied to, of being told that a letter was on the way that would state that the changes had been made, and then shunted off to yet another customer service rep.

I don't know if this is sheer incompentence or purposeful, but all I am asking of them is to honor my original loan standards. Payments are made and will continue to be made. I am not threatening them with any legal action. I simply want this problem fixed.

Thanks for listening.

John
Greenwood, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2006 06:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/homecomings-financial/dallas-texas-75265-0515/homecomings-financial-gmac-customer-service-loan-purchase-summit-change-pay-dates-witho-203715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
6Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

pr**ks can change terms whenever they want, its in the fine print.
thinking lawsuit? Read the terms of the contract again, can sell it, change terms, pretty much do what they want.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

file with ftc.gov

AUTHOR: Dari - (U.S.A.)

you are correct if you have a copy of the original docs they can not just payment date after it is recorded no matter who buys your loan. if they charge you one late fee they are in violation of respa section 6 if you need help

WATCH THE MOLEHILL BECOME A MOUNTAIN

AUTHOR: Virginia - (U.S.A.)

Hi John,

Not to scare you, but this could very well be the beginning of the end for you. Homecoming Financial, like its parent company GMAC, is notorious for mortgage servicing abuse and manufacturing default situations. They are just beginning the process with you. Do not take comfort in the fact that you have a performing loan and you are not in bankruptcy. Homecoming can change all that with the stroke of a pen.

Homecoming is violating the Real Estate Settlement Procedure Act ( RESPA), as well as, several other consumer credit laws. Know the law; the law is your friend.

I suggest that you stop attempting to communicate by telephone. Write Homecoming a qualified letter of request and send it registered mail return receipt requested via the U.S. Postal Service. In the letter state your concerns and request that Homecoming: 1) Correct your account, and 2) provide you with a copy of your loan payment history.

If you belong to any pre-paid legal plan this is a good time to ask it to assist you in resolving this seemingly minor problem.