Complaint Review: Homeward Residential

1525 S. Belt Line Rd.
    Coppell, Texas
    United States of America

Homeward Residential Escrow Run-Around Coppell, Texas

My mortgage loan was sold from Bank of America to AMHSI/Homeward Residential in May of 2012. Luckily, I was able to sell my home in September of 2012 and pay off my loan in full.  Since that time I have been trying to get the money which was in my escrow account returned to me.  At first I was told that I could not find out the exact amount of the escrow balance, and no one at Homeward Residential could tell me the balance.

The final escrow balance was on my final mortgage statement and I have been told the check was sent out to me...  to an incorrect address.  I requested the first check be stopped and another check issued.  I am now told they have stopped payment on the first check, but another check won't be issued until December.  When I told them this was unacceptable I was told that if I complained the check would be delayed even longer.  I feel I was threatened to not complain.

I do not trust this lender and feel they are playing games in an attempt to keep my escrow money longer than they are supposed to.  I have written a "qualified written request" to Homeward Residential asking for my escrow balance to be returned immediately.  I have also filed online complaints with the Better Business Bureau at www.BBB.com and the Texas Attorney General's office.  I have written a letter of complaint to the Housing and Urban Development office(HUD) who handles RESPA complaints regarding escrow accounts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2012 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/homeward-residential/coppell-texas-75019/homeward-residential-escrow-run-around-coppell-texas-969168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content