Complaint Review: hostgator

5005 Mitchelldale
    houston, Texas
    USA

hostgator Accepts Payment, Won't Turn On Account houston Texas

Insanity! I call up to make a payment on behalf of a client, which I have done before. Her site was down and I needed to pay her outstanding balance for her so her site could be put back online. I have done this multiple times for the same client before, when she is out of the country and has no internet connection.

Hostgator will not tell me the amount that is owed because that is "private information", but they will accept my credit card to pay the balance, but they will only tell me the balance after I pay. OK - so that sounds wrong already. I go ahead and give them my credit card, they tell me I just paid $74.95 and the site will be up in 5 minutes.

20 minutes go by and I call back, asking what the problem is. There is "another issue" with the account, but again they can't tell me what it is. So, my argument is that I was told I was paying what needed to be paid in order to turn on the account and then they changed the rules of the game. Well, if my $74.95 won't turn the account back on, what will? "We can't tell you."

Will they refund me my $74.95? No, of course not. That's "their policy". Are you kidding me?

Two hours with idiots on the phone who don't understand that they just committed fraud and I am out $75 and my client's site is still down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2013 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hostgator/houston-texas-77092/hostgator-accepts-payment-wont-turn-on-account-houston-texas-1098248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content