Complaint Review: Hotmoviesales.com, HMS.com, Smart Savings Center

• Reported By: Vero Beach Florida
  • Hotmoviesales.com, HMS.com, Smart Savings Center
    hotmoviesales.com
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Hotmoviesales.com, HMS.com, Smart Savings Center Continuous charges to my bank account without my permission Fort Lauderdale Florida

Searched for a movie on farm preservation and found it through Amazon, ultimately "Hotmovies.com" for $9 and change. Purchased the movie using my debit card and received e-mail confirmation of the order, which was accurate, and received the movie, which was great. Exactly as I had agreed.

Two months later I notice a charge on my bank statement and I call to find out what the $29.95 charge is for. I learn it is for a membership with HotMovie Sales and they claim I joined when I purchased the farm movie. I said I did not and they said they would cancel the membership but not the charge. I called back and asked for evidence that I joined their membership and they said they could not produce that. I searched for Hot Movie Sales.com on the internet and came immediately upon this Ripoffreport site which shows how many have been scammed by Hot Movies. In addition, when reading the ripoff reports, I now know why I have some charges for Smart Savings, another issue I had not known about and I now also know why my bank recently wrote to me about a violation of banking privacy through HMS and that they cancelled my debit card to protect me. WOW! I think Americans are really fed up with being taken advantage of.

The company representatives claim they are in the Phillipians and that the company offices are in Florida. I still lectured them about doing the right thing for mankind, but I feel my words fell on deaf ears.

Teacher
Vero Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2009 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hotmoviesalescom-hmscom-smart-savings-center/fort-lauderdale-florida/hotmoviesalescom-hmscom-smart-savings-center-continuous-charges-to-my-bank-account-wit-437590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content