Report: #1022068

• Reported By: lydia — Poplar Grove Illinois United States of America
  • HOTWIRE

Internet
    United States of America

HOTWIRE $20 OFF Hotel - Today Only - $20 OFF NEVER is a better title for hotwire's email INTERNET

*Consumer Suggestion: I suggest you actually wait

I followed a link to get $20 off a hotel reservation from Hotwire. The discount was supposed to come off the bill during checkout. That did not happen.

I called customer service and the rep said sometimes it is coming through, sometimes it doesn't. She will send a report to "research" and in 7 - 10 days research will send me an email telling me if I will ever get this discount.

No, I cannot get a confirmation number that I have talked to customer service, no I cannot talk to anyone else, no there is no online way for me to track this complaint.

In 7 - 10 my trip will be over.

I feel this email was a SCAM. I doubt I will ever see this "discount".

I feel completely ripped off.

I WILL NEVER USE HOTWIRE AGAIN, AND I SUGGEST YOU DON'T EITHER.

I followed a similar link with Priceline and had no trouble, so I don't think it was me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2013 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hotwire/internet/hotwire-20-off-hotel-today-only-20-off-never-is-a-better-title-for-hotwires-email-1022068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I suggest you actually wait

AUTHOR: Sarah - (United States of America)

You know, maybe you should chill out and WAIT the 7-10 business days until you freak out and post that you have been ripped off. I used the $20 discount one day sale email and it worked just fine for me. It is not a scam.