Complaint Review: hotwire

• hotwire
    655 Montgomery St Ste 600
    San Francisco, California
    USA

hotwire Deceptive marketing and failure to make things right San Francisco California

Hotwire rented me a car and then a few days later marketed to my email that there was a better deal. Sure enough they were correct so I took the better offer which was $30 less. Then when I went to cancel the initial reservation they said they could not cancel it because this was one of their "special" arrangements and that it was stated in the guidelines that I accepted. It's really not so much about the $30 as it is a bout how they treated me.

If a business is going to market to you maybe they should be aware enough of their own policies that they don't try to sell you something that you cannot take advantage of. There are too many other options than to have to deal with this brand of customer deception. I will never use them again and would advise all others to go elsewhere. A quick search of the internet confirms how they treat their customers and I am certain that if not already then soon they will have more ex-customers than new ones. Then we'll see how much that $30 saved them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2014 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hotwire/san-francisco-california-94111/hotwire-deceptive-marketing-and-failure-to-make-things-right-san-francisco-california-1121553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content