Complaint Review: Hotwire.com

San Francisco, CA
    Internet
    United States of America

Hotwire.com Purposefully misleading advertising San Francisco, Internet

Id like to make fellow consumers aware of false advertising by Hotwire.com.
Hotwire
655 Montgomery St Ste 600
San Francisco CA 94111-2627
Often discount websites for hotels may allow for reduced rate.  However I had the experience with Hotwire that this reduced rate was grossly exaggerated and feel that fellow travelers should be made aware.
When I booked, I thought I was getting a fantastic rate ($158) on a hotel that was listed on the site as originally $289 a more than $100 savings per night.  I booked the hotel and discovered that it was a Hyatt.  When browsing Hyatts website directly,  I noted the room (+ free breakfast not offered through Hotwire) was only $170.  This is merely a $12 savings rather than >$100 savings.  In light of the free breakfast and room type guarantee, I would have booked directly with the hotel.
I called Hotwire to inquire about their advertising of the room at originally $289 and request a refund of the 2 rooms I had booked for 3 nights.  They did not issue me a refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hotwirecom/internet/hotwirecom-purposefully-misleading-advertising-san-francisco-internet-1001744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content