Complaint Review: Household Bank Credit Card Mastercard

• Reported By: Huntington New York
  • Household Bank Credit Card Mastercard
    www.householdbank.com
    City Of Industry, California

Household Bank Credit CardHousehold Bank Credit Card (Mastercard) Closed Account After Balance Was Paid In Full City Of Industry California

Household Bank is a shady shady company and as soon as they are not making money off of you they don't want you business anymore.

I had a Household Bank credit card with a credit limit of $2000 on it. I paid of the card in full last month, $1900 or so, and then since I had paid in the middle of the billing cycle, I had paid another $21.76 in interest last week.

Today I log on to check my account like I always do, and I see my credit limit has been lowered to $300.

I call Customer Service and they proceed to tell me that the reason they closed my account due to the amount of the last payment vs. my balance. WHAT??? That doesn't make any sense to me. She explained that they feel that I cannot afford to pay then. ??????
I just made a $1900 PAYMENT to them. The $21.76 payment was due to the interest. But there was ONLY a $21.76 balance on the card.

I closed my account and I told them that the only reason they did that was that they are not making any money off of me now that there is no balance on the card and there is no interest being made of my $0 balance.

I am fuming right now..I pulled my 3 credit report's and nothing has changed, it actully has gotten better in the last few months.

Michelle
Huntington, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2008 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/household-bank-credit-card-mastercard/city-of-industry-california/household-bank-credit-cardhousehold-bank-credit-card-mastercard-closed-account-after-bal-389201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content