Complaint Review: HP - Hewlett Packard

• HP - Hewlett Packard
    HP.com
    Fremont, California
    United States of America

HP - Hewlett Packard HP Hewlett Packard HP will not horor Laptop warranty repair by claiming bogus water damage claim. Fremont, California

For my daughter's High School Graduation, I purchased an HP HDX18T Notebook PC for college. It was purchased in early May 09.

The laptop has been used extensively and was running until it would not power up August 25th 09. The night before the failure, the laptop was running properly.

When the laptop failed, my daughter called HP customer support describing the failure. Hp support sent a  shipping box and FedEx labels to send to their Fremont, Ca repair facility.

HP notified my daughter today stating there was water damage on the motherboard and they would not honor the warranty repair. I contacted them an had them send me a photo of the alledged water damage. HP wants to charge me approximately $800 for replacing the motherboard.

I will include the photo and you can be a judge for yourself. Water does not lay on components like that. The substance in the photo looks more like an adhesive than a liquid.

I did find another complaint that is from another individual with a strikingly similar complaint: http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/hp-laptop-c199875.html

So now I have a very beautiful boat anchor. Talk about customer NO service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2009 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hp-hewlett-packard/fremont-california-/hp-hewlett-packard-hp-hewlett-packard-hp-will-not-horor-laptop-warranty-repair-by-claimi-488959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content