Complaint Review: HP Smartfriend

• HP Smartfriend

Internet
    USA

HP Smartfriend HP They Don't Help Internet

I recently purchased a HP laptopl. Only 31 days after purchased I started having problems.   Hp itself is no help, and although I had a warranty it covered, of course nothing I was having problems with.  Next I got a hacker on my pc.  Of course I didn't expect for HP to fix it, it wasn't their fault. After having money stolen from my bank, I let my brand new computer sit for a couple months.

So I turn it on and it keeps giving me an error "your connection is not private".  This is where I call HP, and of course they don't repair that sort of thing... I need HP Smartfriend.  They sell me their monthly service and there is a surcharge ends up costing 50.00.  I ask if they can guarantee that it will get fixed they tell me yes.  Later I cancel because it's worthess then my pc acts up even more.  When I ask for support from SmartFriend they say they will not reinstate it unless I pay another monthly charge of 15 dollars. So now I'm in for 65 dollars, and after two days of them telling me to wipe and reinstall windows 10  (which I know how to do myself)  I wiped and reinstalled twice. Still the same thing.  The man never took me into my control panel, network devices, no where.  Just kept telling me to put their web address into the search bar, and of course the this is not private kept popping up.  that's it... They did nothing.. I'm hoping there's something I can do to get my money back.  How can these companies keep getting away with this crap.

A few moments ago I tried to get their site up on my working pc, and guess what, the this site is not private error page popped up.  It has never happened on this computer.  I'm at a loss.  I wish I would have read a page like this before I wasted my money.  HP Smartfriend, HP  doesn't matter its all one company, and they are ripoffs.   I wouldn't buy another Hp pc if someone paid me to.   Now my pc won't even connect to the internet.  It doesn't even show anything about wireless.  I go to my network page and wifi shows up nowhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2017 05:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hp-smartfriend/internet/hp-smartfriend-hp-they-dont-help-internet-1399360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content