• Report: #1120775

, Select State/Province USA

HP Support HP 24/7 Support WORST SERVICE EVER--RUN AWAY! MASSACHUSETTS

*Consumer Comment: HP Remote Services vs HP Smartfriend

Worst Service ever!

Do not waste your money!  They tell you they are available 24/7, those are the uneducated underlings that don't know how to fix your computer.  After spending 20-hours online with these folks and taking my computer from running slow to completely dark they escalated me to upper level support.

These folks are available specific hours and by appointment only.  They missed appointments. Dropped calls and did not call back. After 4 days of rescheduling and waiting I finally took my computer to an expert to try and save it only to find that the "support" team had removed registry files need to operate.

The nightmare continues. When I tried to cancel my subscription and pay the 50 dollars for the first month (which I only used for 2 weeks) they want a $70 cancellation fee!  If your into frustration and anguish this is the group for you. Working to get my credit card company to block charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2014 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hp-support/select-stateprovince/hp-support-hp-247-support-worst-service-ever-run-away-massachusetts-1120775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HP Support

HP Remote Services vs HP Smartfriend

AUTHOR: BJ in WA - (USA)

Today I received the 3rd notification that my "Computer had been Blocked". You can't remove the popup which has the phone number of HP Remote Services.  I called HP Smartfriend and for the third time in the last week they cleaned up my computer and removed the malware that someone had put on my computer.  Then I received a call from "HP Remote Services" asking if I had their notification that something was wrong with my computer.

I've been getting calls from HP Remote Services for a long time, just lately I have been getting the pop up which makes your computer useless.  The popup uses such language that it can scare you into calling them to fix and clear your computer.  I did that once and I ended up paying a large amount of money to have it cleared.

There appears to be some confusion about HP Remote Services--as far as I can tell--it is not part of HP Technical Services.  HP Smartfriend has been taking exceptionally good care of my computer--HP Smartfriend is not that expensive and they are available 24/7.

HP Computer and printers are the only ones I will purchase.  They last a long time and the technical services I receive thru HP Smartfriend is so far above anyother places and that is where I go for technical support, plus advice about computer sofware, etc..