Report: #1351991

• Reported By: BJ128 — Fort Worth Texas USA
  • HP

Nationwide
    USA

HP Hewlett Packard HPCarepack extended warranty not honored even though paid for Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Three Questions

I purchased a HP laptop and a three year extended warranty onsite with accidental damage and virus/malware support and HP refusing to honor it for the software and virus/malware part.The Smart friend dept. keeps trying to make me pay for help even though I have already paid for it!

Getting nothing but the runaround about it even through the case manager. He keeps saying he will have to look into it and call me back.  How many days does it take to verify the documentation that I sent.  I have the care pack extended warranty documentation that they sent me showing I clearly have that protection...so I guess I will have to get an Attorney to handle it and sue them.I have even sent them via email the proof and they still are giving me the runaround!  Its a scam and a waste of time, money and not to mention all the stress and aggravation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2017 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hp/nationwide/hp-hewlett-packard-hpcarepack-extended-warranty-not-honored-even-though-paid-for-nationw-1351991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Three Questions

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

I was unable to locate an HP extended warranty agreement that includes virus and malware removal. Perhaps I overlooked it. The agreements are grouped by the model of the unit. What model HP laptop did you purchase? The SmartFriend agreements appear to be available in one or six-month packages. What is the duration of your SmartFriend agreement? What is the purchase date of your SmartFriend agreement?