Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Sun, November 18, 2001
  • Updated: Sun, May 23, 2004

• Reported By: CA
HRS USA, Household Retail Bank and Levitz
California Santa Clara, California U.S.A.

HRS USA, Household Retail Bank and Levitz Furniture ruined our credit

*Consumer Comment: Ruin your Credit History with a account you can not use, Credit Card from Rooms to Go

*0:

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

We got some furniture from Levitz on a 12 month no payment plan, HRS started billing us next month, even before the furniture arrived.

We told them our contract says no payment til a year later, soon after that we started getting ridicilous late charges, evertime we talked to them, they said pay this much, there will be no late charges, we'd pay the amount, there would be tons of late charges, and interest.

It's all a trick to collect thousands of dollars in late charges from innocent consumers, Levitz has been really very unhelpful, too. It seems to be a scam; they ruined our credit, on top of that we had to pay over a thousand dollars to keep our credit from going even worse.

It's all a scam... Don't do business with HRS USA, Household Retail Bank, and Levitz Furniture in California, they will ruin your credit too...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hrs-usa-household-retail-bank-and-levitz/santa-clara-california/hrs-usa-household-retail-bank-and-levitz-furniture-ruined-our-credit-7906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HRS USA, Household Retail Bank and Levitz

AUTHOR: Andreas - (U.S.A.)

We have a Credit Card from Rooms to Go since 3 years, but we never used it. As we wanted to use it, they told us, it is not longer valid, because they changed the bank. I called the bank and want to close the account = It is not possible. I have to contact all three credit-report offices(equifax, trans union, etc) to close it. In the same time, they told me, I can not use this account, because it is closed. I still have it on my credit-history but I am unable to close it.
This is a unfair ruin of your future credit applications. What can I do ??

#2 0