Complaint Review: HSBC Card Services / Orchard Bank

• Reported By: Las Vegas Nevada
  • HSBC Card Services / Orchard Bank
    P.O. Box 80084
    Salinas, California

HSBC Card Services / Orchard Bank THEY WON'T LET ME KICK THEM TO THE CURB! Salinas California

On January 29, 2009 I wrote a letter to HSBC Card Services/Orchard Bank requesting to close my credit card account. I had paid off the account for over a year and no longer used it.

On February 26, 2009 I received a statement from HSBC Card Services/Orchard Bank for the annual fee for the card ($35.00) due March 10, 2009.

On February 27, 2009 I sent a second request to HSBC Card Services/Orchard Bank to close my credit card account via registered mail. HSBC Card Services/Orchard Bank received the letter on March 2, 2009.

On March 19, 2009 I received a statement from HSBC Card Services/Orchard Bank for the annual fee ($35.00), a late charge of $30.00 and a finance charge of $1.00 for a total of $66.00.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO CLOSE A CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT WITH HSBC CARD SERVICES/ORCHARD BANK????

I'm sure if it were reversed and THEY wanted to close the account, it would be done in an instant!

Now I'm filing complaints with the FTC, Attorney Generals of California, Nevada and Delaware - all in the hopes that I can get these idiots to close my account AND not put derogatory remarks on my credit report for being "late"!

Anyone else have this problem??

Anonymous
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2009 10:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hsbc-card-services-orchard-bank/salinas-california-93912/hsbc-card-services-orchard-bank-they-wont-let-me-kick-them-to-the-curb-salinas-califor-435810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content