Complaint Review: HSBC Credit Card Services

• Reported By: Chicago Illinois
  • HSBC Credit Card Services
    PO Box 60102
    City Of Industry, California

HSBC Credit Card Services Deceptive Company Charges Annual Fees After Closing Account due to Inactivity! City Of Industry California

I have been receiving at least four to five phone calls a day from HSBC credit card. I figured they were trying to sell me something, so I didn't stress it. This morning, I finally answered and was told I had a balance.

About a year ago, I received a letter in the mail from HSBC stating my credit account was closed due to "inactivity." The card has not been used since early 2007.

The man on the phone is telling me I owe over $100 in annual fees. I have not been contacted by the company through mail or Internet. I informed him that the account has been closed. He told me it was "suspended." Huh?

I asked him directly to explain how a letter states the account was closed and I'm still being charged fees? He wouldn't answer the question. Instead he said, "Let's work together hand in hand to settle this debt."

I told the guy to send me something in writing. I have great credit and will be furious if this fraudulent company messes that up!

Matisse
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2009 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hsbc-credit-card-services/city-of-industry-california-91716/hsbc-credit-card-services-deceptive-company-charges-annual-fees-after-closing-account-due-471006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content