Complaint Review: HSBC Direct Merchants Bank

• Reported By: Tahlequah Oklahoma
  • HSBC Direct Merchants Bank
    Las Vegas, Nevada

HSBC Direct Merchants Bank Cut Credit Limit Without Notice Las Vegas Nevada

I just discovered my credit limit of $7800 was cut to $2880 for no reason after my payment was processed. On February 18th I checked my account and I had my normal limit. Last night I checked to make sure my payment processed and discovered the change.

This is the card I use when I travel and with a trip in less than 3 weeks I am now scrambling to figure out what to do. My Balance on the card after my payment is less than $500 and this is due to my purchasing my ticket for my upcoming trip.

This is just unreal how these people just make changes on a whim and we have no recourse. As soon as I can I intend to cancel my card of 9 years and move on with complaints to congress and the regulating agency.

Rick
Tahlequah, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2009 08:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hsbc-direct-merchants-bank/las-vegas-nevada/hsbc-direct-merchants-bank-cut-credit-limit-without-notice-las-vegas-nevada-428641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content