Complaint Review: HSBC Orchard Bank

• Reported By: Billie — Richmond Kentucky USA
  • HSBC Orchard Bank

Nationwide
    USA

HSBC Orchard Bank An obviously black woman called me from a North Carolina number and said she was a debt collector for HSBC Orchard Bank. The woman tried to collect a $1298.60 debt saying I had to pay $50 today from my disability card acct. North Carolina

I answered my phone to a N.C. number and the black lady that answered said that she was calling to collect a debt for HSBC-Orchard Bank and got really hateful and said I owed them $1298.60. Then she said "yea the government is cracking down on deadbeat credit card"s. I asked her why they were sending my account to collections for being late one day and she said, "don't worry about that because I am here to collect the debt". ( It be known that I have a  new credit card and am a day late).

She said she checked my FDIC report and knew that I had a Direct Express Card that I had used within the past week and that I HAD to give her that CC number to make a $50 PAYMENT TODAY. I told her there was no money on that card, then she got IRATE and said, "well you u better pay or there will be a mark on your credit report and I know you have the money to pay aand you HAVE TO PAY TODAY!! She told me to "just give me the numbers and the debt will be paid". At the beginning of the conversation she had said that I could pay the $50 today and make $100 payments each month til its paid.

I then told her that I don't give out credit card numbers over the phone and she said, "Well you got that credit card over the phone, so don't give me that crap". So, we went back and forth with her getting more irate and forceful in her words. Then, I just hung up and called my "real" credit card company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2017 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hsbc-orchard-bank/nationwide/hsbc-orchard-bank-an-obviously-black-woman-called-me-from-a-north-carolina-number-and-sai-1398273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content