Complaint Review: HSBC Retail Services

Salinas, California
  • Phone: 800-753-6529
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

HSBC Retail Services Failure to adhear to "DO NOT CALL" order, hang up calls and force me to incurr un-needed expenses. Salinas California

*Consumer Comment: Not how it works

HSBC Retail Services

For several months now, I have been harassed by HSBC collectors. They refuse to identify themselves when they call, cause me to incurr expenses dealing with them and keep calling even after 3 "DO NOT CALL" orders, and hang up calls. Today I sent the fourth "DO NOT CALL" order. We will see if it does any good.

I've also told them several times when they call to stop calling me; they all say they will note that on my account but they still call. I guess they have never heard of call ID and that I know when they are calling; it's also on my cell phone record. Perhaps they don't know that cell phone bills have an account of incoming and outgoing calls.

HSBC must be taught a lesson. I'm ready, willing and able to act as their instructor in this case.

David
Ramona, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2009 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hsbc-retail-services/salinas-california-93901/hsbc-retail-services-failure-to-adhear-to-do-not-call-order-hang-up-calls-and-force-me-433588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Not how it works

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

If you owe HSBC money, they are allowed to call you. When you refer to a "do not call order" are you thinking of the FDCPA cease communications letter? If so, that's not going to help. HSBC is not a debt collector as defined in the act. They are a creditor. The "cease communications" part of the act applies only to debt collectors.

I don't think you're quite ready to be their instructor yet. I think a bit more homework is required.