Complaint Review: Hughes Net

• Reported By: Visalia California
  • Hughes Net
    11717 Exploration Lane
    Germantown, Maryland

Hughes Net Internet Service paid up for one year but was stopped by company Germantown Maryland

*Consumer Comment: WELL ?

For the last month and a half I've been having problems with my internet. I contacted the person who installed my Hughes Net and we found out that the company failed to keep me upgraded on my modem. Then I had a problem with the sat.(Which wasn't a Hughes problem). While we were fixing this problem a popup came up about an over due bill. I emailed Hughes (March 22)and told them I had paid for a year of service. I recieved an email back ( which by the way disappeared) and a phone message(March 23) saying that my problem had been "Escalated to Higher Management".

On Thursday (March 26th) my service stopped. Further phone calls to Customer Service has produced nothing but "we can't do anything because it has "Escalated to Higher Management". I talked to a supervisor that day and he said his hands were tied. He also informed me that this should have been taken care of within 48 hours. Hughes Net had left me a number to call with a PIN. When I called that number I was told I had to call within 7 days in order to use the PIN. I called on day 5 and the PIN number was no longer viable. So I have driven 6 miles into town to use my laptop to write another email to Hughes Net, This time I told them if I didn't have my service restored by 5 pm PST Monday March 30th I was going to my Lawyer the next morning.

Maggie
Visalia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2009 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hughes-net/germantown-maryland-20876/hughes-net-internet-service-paid-up-for-one-year-but-was-stopped-by-company-germantown-mar-438838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

WELL ?

AUTHOR: WALMART NO SATFACTION - (U.S.A.)

4/08/2009 what happened ? i have Hughes.net also since Aug.2006 i hate the lying crooks