Complaint Review: Hughes Net

• Hughes Net

Internet
    USA

Hughes Net Lairs and Cheats! Louisanna

Signed up for internet service with Hughes net 25 Jan 17.  Gave me 10 gig use for normal hours and 50 gig for off hours, ( which is 2 am to 8 am).

After two weeks went through the 10 gig and was over.  Called Hughes net on 22 Feb 2017 to cancel service.  Lady on the receiving end said that i had called in time to cancel (trial period) without having to pay for equipment ($399.00).  But like a idiot I let her talk me into staying with an extended trail period to 28 March 2017. Also increase my account to 15 gigs.  (Case #102801246).

Anyway, ran through 15 gigs in two weeks also, plus service was very slow.  Called 27 March 2017 (866-347-3292) to cancel service.  Again another lady tried her best to talk me out of it, but I stuck by my decision to cancel.  (Case #10352990).  She stated that my trail period had expired on the 26th of March 2017. I corrected her and gave her the pryor case nnumber.  She stated you are correct and said they would be no fee for early termination to the contract.  Also said a box would be sent for return of equipment within 45 days.

Well, this morning (3 April 2017) I check my bank account to pay my bills and found that Hughes Net had charged me four hundred dollars and removed it from my account, plus $4.95 tec support.   This company is nothing more than liars and cheats.

Unable to pay a couple of bills and provide food for my family.  I am retired military and  Social Security, live on a set income.

Called and they stated that I had termenated the contract to late and sorry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2017 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hughes-net/internet/hughes-net-lairs-and-cheats-louisanna-1365532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content