Complaint Review: Hughes Net

• Reported By: bwainscott — Zuni Virginia USA
  • Hughes Net

Nationwide
    USA

Hughes Net Fails to provide Internet Services and will not allow cancellation without fee Nationwide

Obtained Hughes Net Gen 4 Internet services over a year ago.  Internet quality has been up and down.  Light internet surfing and email are OK, but if you want to use streaming media, forget it.  I do not really watch TV so I stream 99% of my video content.  I have called technical support multiple times.  I was hung up on twice!  First, they blamed it on the weather, so then I called them on a clear day and then blamed misalignment of my dish (I live in the middle of an empty field).  For a mere $125 I can have a technician come out for 10 minutes and realign my dish.  Wait...what?

I told the technician that I just had it aligned two months ago, she replied "they did not install the dish correctly".  Exactly, so why are you charging me for it?  What a headache...

I pay $88 a month for Hughes Net Ultra Service and I cannot even stream a standard definition movie.

The only way out of the contract is a $325 early termination fee.  Like most users, I set my plan to the lowest possible and disconnected my dish.  Now I am paying for internet service that I do not use.  Buyer beware, avoid this Internet Service Provider and do not get hung up in the contract mess.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2016 05:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hughes-net/nationwide/hughes-net-fails-to-provide-internet-services-and-will-not-allow-cancellation-without-fee-1337763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content