Complaint Review: HughesNet

11717 Exploration Lane
    Germantown, Maryland
    United States of America

HughesNet Fraudulent charge to my checking account Germantown, Maryland

I ordered service through hughes in 2007. To start off with they are way overpriced and slow as hades.

I paid 120.00 a month for two years, the regular price was 80.00 but they made me pay for my equipment for the first two years. I have moved 3 times and Hughes charged me 325.00 each time. That in itself is outrageous.

Anyway, I decided to go with a local company for internet in December of 2012, and cancelled my service with hughes. They told me that I had to send my equipment back to them, because I had leased it. BULL!! so I argued with them and they said ok, I see where you purchased the equipment. and I thought that was the end of it. NOT!

On March 6, 2013 they billed my checking account for 319.50 for the equipment. So back on the phone for hours to argue that I had PURCHASED my equipment and I wanted the money back in my account, cause there was no way I was going to pay twice for my equipment. They finally relented after about three hours and said it would be back in my account in three days,
and to call back in three days.

As of today, 3 days later, I have still not received my money, so back on the phone I go...now they are telling me 7 business days before I get it back in my account and in the meantime, I am going to bounce all over the place and cannot pay a couple of my bills, so now a late charge for them as well!!

It sure didn't take them 7 business days to charge my account, why does it take 7 days to put it back? This is the 21st century by God! How do people go about a class action lawsuit?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2013 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hughesnet/germantown-maryland-20876/hughesnet-fraudulent-charge-to-my-checking-account-germantown-maryland-1027084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content