Complaint Review: hughesnet

• hughesnet

Internet
    United States of America

hughesnet Horrible service and support! Internet

We live out in the country so our internet service options are limited. We can get dial up, Hughes or an air card.
Since the aircard limits you to 5 gigs, we opted to try Hughes. It was all just a huge waste of money. The initial cost of the equipment was around $400 plus $70 per month. I honestly don't think it's any better than dial up. I couldn't even upload a low resolution photo to facebook. I couldn't even send attached files in an e-mail.
I spent countless hours on the phone getting transferred from India to Florida to God only knows where. Since the speed tests came back OK. They said I was getting the service I was paying for. I was so mad every time I got off the phone, it's a wonder I didn't have a heart attack.
When I was finally so fed up I asked them to cancel the service because they could not find a problem, they charged me $310. I would have understood the fee to break the contract if I was getting good service and just wanted to switch to something else, but as I said, I couldn't even upload a picture or send an attached file.
I paid the money to break the contract and got an aircard. It is so fast! You just have to monitor your usage so you don't go over. I got the verizon aircard for $50 per month and am a happy camper again.
Even if your only other option is dial up, I wouldn't go with Hughes. It's really no better than dial up and a whole lot more expensive. Plus their service sucks. They really don't seem to even care.
The only reason I gave it one star is because the review would not accept 0 stars.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2011 03:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hughesnet/internet/hughesnet-horrible-service-and-support-internet-703425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content