Complaint Review: Hughesnet

• Hughesnet

Internet
    United States of America

Hughesnet Ripped off for the last time by Hughesnet! Internet

I've had Hughesnet satellite service for over 6 years. I just got 3G wireless that plugs into my computer -- way faster internet and cheaper than Hughesnet!!

Two weeks ago I started trying to cancel my Hughesnet service.

Even though I gave them my account #, serial #, and called in on the phone number they had assigned to my account, they told me they couldn't cancel my account unless I faxed them a letter on my letterhead. (I'm a sole proprietor with office in my home.) I faxed the letter and they claim they haven't gotten it yet -- over 24 hours later. They are making it extremely difficult to cancel -- buyer beware!

On top of that, today they informed me that I have to pay a cancellation fee of $300 because last year they offered me a free upgrade. They say there was a clause in the offer that said I had to continue with Hughes for 2 years if I accepted the upgrade. I did not see anything like that on the information they sent. But I'm paying them the $300 just to have the pleasure of never having to speak or interact with them again. They will do anything it takes to get a little more money out of you!!!

If you are anywhere in the country that has 3G wireless service, you don't need a satellite and you certainly don't need this rude and inept company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2009 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hughesnet/internet/hughesnet-ripped-off-for-the-last-time-by-hughesnet-internet-528173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content