Complaint Review: Hughesnet

Internet
    USA

Hughesnet They are criminals!!! Literally STOLE $800 from me! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Similar Experience

While with them I had to call in multiple times because I was not able to do everything the sales rep who sold me the service said I could. They also sold me and an appropriate modem when installing the service and wanted me to purchase another one to help with some of my issues. Kept upgrading and upgrading, But I was still unable to do normal things like view YouTube videos or upload any videos which I told them was part of my business and I needed to be able to do. Never was able to speak to someone in the US, always had to struggle with understanding someone from another country. I moved addresses and wanted to cancel service but was talked into going ahead and moving with them and if things didn't work out they would not consider it a brand new contract after the move but would be able to cancel at any time. After the move and about 30 to 60 days I called to cancel and they would not cancel me without a $400 buyout because they said my contract automatically renewed when I moved. So I paid the $400 and they were supposed to send me a box for the satellite dish part to mail in and I never received the box. So I called and they had sent the box to my old address! Unbelievable! So they were supposed to send me another box and I never received it. Looked on my account and they had taken out an additional nearly $400 I assume for the part. This is criminal! I want to file a lawsuit but need a good attorney that has experience with Hughesnet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2017 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hughesnet/internet/hughesnet-they-are-criminals-literally-stole-800-from-me-internet-1390946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Similar Experience

AUTHOR: Debbie - (United States)

I signed up for the Hughes.net service for 2 years. At the end of that 2years, I tried to cancel.  I was told over 3 times that I could cancel in May 2017.  When I called in May, I was told I could not cancel until August 2017 but they'd be happy to drop my bill down some.     I called in August and it took me over an hour for them to accept my cancellation.  I had to argue over and over and FINALLY got them to process the cancellation.  I was told that I would be receiving a return kit to return 3 pieces of equipment.    On Sept 15 I had yet to receive the pckge.  I chatted online with a rep who stated the cancellation has just been processed on 9/13 and the pckge would be sent shortly.    On Oct 15th I called in - explaining I had yet to rec the pckge.  Today, 11/13 they have taken $324 out of my account, unauthorized, for equipment that I have not returned because I have not been given the opportunity to return it.    Today - I have talked to Oriana, Aj and finally after asking over 11 times, a supervisor Jenny who finally gave me tracking # that shows they delivered the pckge to the wrong address not even in the SAME CITY.     This was shipped on 9/13 - but the previous two reps didn't tell me this, rather told me the package had NOT been shipped.  Everytime I communicate with the company - I get a different version of what has happened.     All of the reps I have talked to today Refuse to refund my $ which is causing overdrafts and my mortgage  pymt to not clear.  States they can send another return kit and refund my money in 14 business days.  I am a single mother of 3, now overdrawn, cant pay my mortgage, feed my kids and will have hundreds of dollars in NSF fees over a mistake that is not my own, when I have diligently tried and tried to follow up.    Supervisor Jennifer YELLED at me and basically told me that it was my fault and that I was lying.  Over talked me, called me a liar, when I have the print out from UPS stating it was delivered to the wrong address, not even in my city.  Refuses to over night another package, Although Oraina stated to me this morning she could overnight another return packge to me, Jennifer the supervisor says they can not.  Jennifer tried to tell me my address has changed, but I have lived in the same location over three years and the length of this horrible experience. Once again, calling me a liar.    Considering the error is on their part, and that I get a different story every time I call, I do not have much faith this will happen.  This is a scam, even Jenny the supervisor said to me that she answers these kinds of calls all day.  There is a website, https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/myAccount-and-Billing/bd-p/AccountandBilling, full of the same type of complaints.       I have filed a complaint with the BBB, which is included below. I will be as diligent in my social media efforts to let everyone I know, and they know, that this company is nothing by a scam, taken advantage of people.  Also filed a complaint with the Maryland consumer protection agency.