Complaint Review: Hughesnet

• Hughesnet
    hughesnet.com
    Nationwide

Hughesnet False promises Indianapolis Nationwide

They got me! I believed I'd have faster internet and no need for a phoneline. The speed is the same as dial-up.

The biggest problem is my internet connection is not consistent...it is constantly down. I have had a service technician at my house 4 times in the past 9 weeks, and spend countless hours on the telephone with the help(less) desk.

I signed a one-year contract and they will not release me from the contract (they will if I pay a $400 penalty). I have not had internet access for over 8 weeks. Correction: When I do have internet access it lasts for approx 5-7 minutes, then nothing for 8-24 hours.

The last conversation I had with Hughesnet they encouraged me to wait until my contract expires (December), sell the hardware on Ebay, and switch to cable...NICE!

Sallyanne
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2006 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hughesnet/nationwide/hughesnet-false-promises-indianapolis-nationwide-210751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content