Complaint Review: Hughesnet

• Hughesnet

Nationwide
    USA

Hughesnet Hughes Network System Don't use Hughesnet OXNARD Nationwide

I purchased the HughesNet dish internet system in January 2014.
It have never given me consistent internet service for 5 months.
We have tried trouble shooting over the phone for the first 3 months without success.
Now in May we are fed up with paying $51 a month which increased to $61 a month while still being unable to gain reliable access to the internet. They would not send out a technician to fix it and the phone calls take hours and waste our time.

When I called to cancel, they said they would charge me a $300 early cancellation fee. I told them to remove my credit card information and do not auto withdraw any more. They told me I would be charged for paper invoices.

I am fed up with being forced to pay for poor quality and poor service. If the product is bad and the service there should be no penalties for canceling.

Also after canceling, they would not send out a technician to remove their dish and equipment.

What a pain!

Will someone please stop these predatory service companies?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2014 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hughesnet/nationwide/hughesnet-hughes-network-system-dont-use-hughesnet-oxnard-nationwide-1149154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content