Complaint Review: Hughesnet

• Hughesnet

Nationwide
    USA

Hughesnet Inept practices leading to unethical policies Nationwide

I Purchased a home where Hughesnet was in place.  Seller suggested that I just take over the account.  I called Hughesnet and stated that I would be the responsible person on the account.  They said that they would be sending out an installer to upgrade/replace the modem at my home.  They wanted to bill my credit card, which I agreed to.  They also sent me paper bills which I accidentally paid.

After I realized that I had paid them twice, they refused to refund my money as they stated that my second payment was on the existing account (they had opened a new account when I had initially contacted them, unbeknownst to me.)  They claimed that the initial account had not been cancelled despite the fact that they had removed the equipment so that it could not be used!

They claimed that the equipment was removed by a second company, not Hughesnet, that Hughesnet works with.  What rubish, that is a company that they subcontract with.

This is insult added to injury as their service was spotty and their technical support inadequate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2015 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hughesnet/nationwide/hughesnet-inept-practices-leading-to-unethical-policies-nationwide-1262342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content