Report: #202499

8500 Higuera St.
    Culver City, California

Hydroderm fradulent return, manage account policy Ripoff Culver City California

*Consumer Suggestion: RE: Hydroderm and other on-line rip-offs

The company promises that if you would like to cancel your shipments (they go to auto-ship after the first order), you can log on to their website and manage your account from there.

I resorted to the internet to "manage my account", after repeated phonecalls to the company were held up by LONG on-hold times. (I finally hung up. after being on hold for several minutes, I had to get on with my life!)

Once I managed to get online to try to cancel my order, they claimed my password was invalid. I was using THE password they issued me, specifically, on the order form. Then they claimed that my email address was invalid. (I have never heard THAT one before...) I tried this repeatedly, with the same result.

They also request some sort of mysterious "RMA" number in order to make a return. TRY GETTING IT??!! Without a valid email address and valid password, you cannot access this RMA number.

I will attempt to return the products back to the company, at the address indicated. If they continue to bill me, I will be forced to cancel my debit card, and get a new one.

Incidentally, I have found far superior products in the drugstore, or "the body shop".

By making it this difficult for customers to cancel their accounts, they are making a lot of money and I would guess they are infuriating a lot of customers.

I am a self-employed, single woman with a little more time on her hands than the normal everyday mom with a household and kids and jobs to manage.

I suspect for every person who has TIME to complain, there are hundreds of others who simply can't get around to it, and continue to be billed for shipments of HYDRODERM that they no longer want.

This company should be put out of business.

Anita
Ann Arbor, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2006 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hydroderm/culver-city-california-90232/hydroderm-fradulent-return-manage-account-policy-ripoff-culver-city-california-202499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

RE: Hydroderm and other on-line rip-offs

AUTHOR: Just - (U.S.A.)

When ordering ANYTHING online, please use a credit card! You can you their dispute process to charge back a fraudulent charge or get issues such as yours resolved.

The internet is rife with fraud and those skirting fraulent pratices such as Hydroderm. They are using deceptive ads, and tactics such as those you have mentioned.

In short, never use your debit or checking account to pay for anything online!