Complaint Review: IC *FREESHIPPING.COM and Sharrie's Berries

• Submitted: Mon, June 10, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, June 10, 2013
  • Reported By: Tara — Tampico Illinois
  • IC *FREESHIPPING.COM and Sharrie's Berries
    PO Box 290728. , CT 06129-0728.
    Wethersfield, Connecticut
    USA

IC *FREESHIPPING.COM and Sharrie's Berries Three years of unauthorized $11.97 credit card charges for a shipping "subscription" I NEVER signed up for! Wethersfield Connecticut

*Author of original report: Kudos to Shari's Berries! They stepped up!

*UPDATE Employee: IC**Freeshipping.com Sharrie's Berries

My husband and I noticed an unfamiliar charge from IC*shipping.com.  I called to question the charge and found out they have been charging our credit card MONTHLY for more than 3 years!  It originated with an online purchase from Sharries Berries for a Christmas gift for out-of-state relatives in 2009!  I remember being offered the choice of $9.99 shipping rebate or a subscription for Reader's Digest.  I chose the shipping rebate.  I kept the paperwork for 3 years but never saw the rebate.  I did get 3 years worth of Reader's digest.  So I chalked it up as a $9.99 loss.  Until yesterday when husband noticed the unusual charge and upon investigation find we have been getting charged by this company fraudulantly for the last 3 years!!  I reported to our credit card and they could only file a dispute for the last 7 charges.  I did contact IC*SHIPPING.com and they agreed to credit us 12 charges, but that doesn't change the fact that they are using deceptive business practices!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 10:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ic-freeshippingcom-and-sharries-berries/wethersfield-connecticut-06129-0728/ic-freeshippingcom-and-sharries-berries-three-years-of-unauthorized-1197-credit-car-1058105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Kudos to Shari's Berries! They stepped up!

AUTHOR: Tara - ()

After talking to enough people involved in this debacle, Shari's Berries stepped up and was  willing to make this right.  They contacted IC*FREESHIPPING and got them to completely reverse all 42 months of charges!

I am very surprised and very pleased!  Thank you IC*FREESHIPPING for a FULL CREDIT.  But consumer be VERY VERY careful about free shipping offers!

I have gone over and over and over this wondering how I could have missed it!  If I had ANY inclination or indication that this was a monthly subscription I would not have signed on or I would have backed out of the service immediately!

If I had even thought for a moment there would be repeated monthly charges I would have alerted my husband to check the credit card and cancel the service!

At any rate, SHARI's BERRIES was the most inclined and assertive in making good on this, and I am very grateful to IC*FREE SHIPPING for reversing the charges.  In the present economy that sum of money is a budget cruncher for our family of 7!

IC**Freeshipping.com Sharrie's Berries

AUTHOR: arand - ()

I hope your complaint was resolved to your satisfaction. The terms of our offer are stated at the time you register, and again in the welcome email you would have received.However, I do apologize for any confusion you had regarding this offer.

Since I am not sure to whom I am responding to so I cannot address why you did not receive your rebate check, but we would only not have paid if we did not receive the required backup documentation.

Alice