Report: #453076

Complaint Review: ICA Acting And Modeling School - Helene Goldnadel

  • Submitted: Mon, May 18, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, May 18, 2009
  • Reported By: carlsbad California
  • ICA Acting And Modeling School - Helene Goldnadel
    26481 Rancho Parkway South (Building S)
    Lake Forest, California

ICA Acting And Modeling School- Helene Goldnadel- Save your money and don't even bother spending your money. Lake Forest California

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

My family was at the beach enjoying a beautiful day when a woman cut through a crowd and said "who's child is this?". She told my husband and I that she was a talent/ model scout and that my son had so much potential to be a model ( he was 2 at the time ). She took our information down and called us within days. We went to an evaluation where we made it into phase two.
In phase two, we were told we needed head shots and they only accepted head shots to be done by their photographer. Around $1,000 later, we would have to commit to driving to saturday morning interveiws with potential agencies. They made it seem so easy. "Your son is very ideal for this work", "He will be swept up immediately", "We always have agents looking for models his age", etc.
Well, we were so convinced and forked over the payment for the head shots. Once we started with the whole process, we came to the realization that this is not so ideal. Every Thursday we'd call to set an interveiw, and "Oh, I'm sorry but we don't have an agent looking for your son's age" happened like 70% of the time. The other 30% we'd meet with agents, drop off our son's picture and resume and nothing. In the interveiw process our son was asked silly questions and given attention, but that was it. One agent was kind enough to tell us that Helene Goldnadel is a hustler, and that she completely upsells herself, and that she has even witnessed Helene completely lie to potential suckers.
Realistly, if your child really is a star and at the right place at the right time I'm sure it will happen anywhere. But I'm not willing to commit my son's life to potential agencies. I'd rather have my son make it to a soccer game than sit in office with 30 other Ma' Managers pimping their children. You have free will to choose to put your child in this enviroment. I'm just saying it's a long process that is very time consuming. Think long and hard about your child's well being. Over all, money is just money and I am upset with the time invested for false hope. I am very happy that I realized that and my son has his life back.

carlsbad, California
Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2009 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.