Complaint Review: ICON Health & Fitness

• ICON Health & Fitness

Internet
    USA

ICON Health & Fitness ICON Customer Service Treadmill Repair Midland Michigan

Beware and Ask more questions with ICON Fitness equipment repair service!

I contacted ICON about service for a rear roller bearing on my treadmill; incurring a ~$160 charge up front. A service repair person was assigned and called me up since he was in my town that day. I explained my symptom and I noted that I did not have the replacement roller because I wanted to appreciate whether the repair person would have access to parts. He shared that I needed to order the parts but that he could stop by to affirm it was the roller bearing; in no way communicating that if he did stop by, that would complete my original $160 order.

He was in and out of my house in 5 minutes confirming that I needed to replace the roller bearing.

I ordered the roller and upon contacting him again to finish the job, I was told I needed to open a NEW service order. Contacting ICON again, I then learned this would require another $65 charge or I could follow the self help videos and install it myself.

I expected the the service technician would have installed my new roller bearing as part of the $160. I wouldn't have let him stop by while in my city to affirm that was the issue if I knew the $160 was only covering his 5 minute visit.

Turned out ICON called the initial service a "diagnositic" visit; fully knowledgeable that a "repair" visit would be a separate order.

I feel better communication and better customer service is needed.  A 5 minute visit to affirm what I had shared for $160 is a ripoff.

Following up with ICON Customer Service has proved fruitless.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2017 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/icon-health-fitness/internet/icon-health-fitness-icon-customer-service-treadmill-repair-midland-michigan-1360833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content