Complaint Review: IDriveSafely.com

United States of America

IDriveSafely.com NDSS $35.00 Bait and Switch Scam, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact us

Colorado Drivers Ed

IDriveSafely.com is really using some dirty internet techniques to trick people into signing up for their Colorado Drivers Ed Course for Teens. They run these Google Ads everywhere with a $35.00 advertised price and it isn't until after you check out that you discover it's TWO payments of $35.00 for a total of $70.00. One at sign up and the next in three days.

When I called and complained to the customer service which is definitley located somewhere in India, the lady claimed it was all explained in the "clickable bullet point" next to the dollar sign in the price. The clickable part is a single pixel (really, it is) and it took some serious skill to find it, but yeah just like she said, it was there and she couldn't authorize a refund.

To me this bait & switch routine seems shady.

Resolution Desired: Refund and Quit the deceptive advertising.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2012 05:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/idrivesafelycom/internet/idrivesafelycom-ndss-3500-bait-and-switch-scam-internet-950997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Please contact us

AUTHOR: I DRIVE SAFELY - (United States of America)

Hi my name is John and I am the Social Media Manager for I DRIVE SAFELY.   I am sorry to hear about your experience.  I was wondering if you would please contact me at john.mcgrane@idrivesafely.com with more details about your experience.  We want to make sure our advertised prices are correct and that we provide excellent customer service. I can guarantee you that our customer service center is located in Houston, TX and not in India and it is open 24/7/365. I look forward to your reply.