Complaint Review: iFranchise

• Reported By: Hank Lazarius — Tampa Florida USA
  • iFranchise

Nationwide
    USA

iFranchise iFranchise Group, Mark Seibert, iFranchise Consulting Took money, promised franchise results and success in growing my business model Chicago, Illinois Nationwide

*General Comment: Untrue Claims from Reviewer!

Mark Seibert and the IFranchise Group blatantly and aggressively pursued me to franchise my business several years ago.  I am here to write about how terrible this company is, the poor experience I've had and how iFranchise ruined franchising for me entirely.  I work so hard to build this business and have put in so many years, nights, time and emotional/physical commitment to get where I would consider growing the business.  I met IFranchise over the internet and originally connected with a lady named Anne Anderson, she helped me with understanding franchising and how it worked.  Little did I realize that this was a ploy for the first step in convincing me to spend enormous money on what has turned out to be the worst decision in my life.  I am a service company who works in Florida and have a specialty market where it seemed like franchising would work.  After speaking with ann, who seemed nice, she set me up for an appointment with Mark Seibert who also seemed nice and that he knew what he was talking about.  I didn't know anything about franchising, so it's hard to tell whether someone is being genuine or not.  Mr. Seibert told me all about how franchising worked and that they could support me.  It required that I work with a local law firm in Florida, which I did.  The expense was about $48,000 total to be paid to Ifranchise and another $25 paid to the lawyers which seemed expensive, but as Mark said, it was part of the process and part of doing this right.  So we went forward based on Seibert's recommendations.  That was wen it went bad.

My interactions with the company were always to the point and generally professional, but the work quality was terrible.  Many times I felt like I was doing more of the work than they were and it required much of my time to get the model to where I felt we had a good franchise program.  The manual loooked cut and paste, the website that Matt Jonas who is iFranchises digital marketing guy put together was a template which they charged me another $11k to set up.  As the process went on, I felt worse and worse about my situation, then the legal bills started coming in for the attorney they recommended at $600 per hour.  I just did'n't now any better so I kept paying.

I was fortunate to sell a couple of franchises and get some people into my brand, but the recommendations I had put into place from Seibert and iFranchise didn't make sense and none of my franchisees wanted to stay in the model any longer based on how it was set up.  I called around to a bunch of people in the franchise industry and it seems like this is not uncommon at all for it to have happened to me.  I've run into at least ten other companies who have the same type of experience as I did with iFranchise.  Seibert needs to be stopped and needs to be told that he can't do this to people who have so much time and money put into their business just to pay it to some consultant.

It seems like everyone I speak with in the franchise industry when I mention Mark Seibert's name just kind of admits that they know what he does and how ifranchise works.  One company told me about a trampoline franchise system who worked with ifranchise sales team and his words were that he felt like they bled him dry with fees and expenses in everything they did and that all the sales came from them but ifranchise still required commissions.  Exact words were they said they didnt' help us at all in anything we did in franchising.  Another ifranchise client worked with a guy named leonard and Mark seibert and said that they were happy with some of the documents, but in the end left frustrated and unhappy.  They had a couple of employees quit during their work with ifranchise who told them that the entire company has no moral compass and that the people who run the business are just not good people.  One lady in Florida told me about a spa company called face to face who had hired ifranchise and paid them almost a million dollars and had nothing to show for it.  this lady was a spa consultant, but i can't believe that the client wouldn't do something about that when ifranchise clearly did so much wrong to them.  Another ifranchise client did hair and wigs based out of Kansas City who spent over one hundred thousand with ifranchise and never sold a franchise at all!

This is my warning to you business owners, do not work with mark seibert or ifranchise, you will be happy that you don't have to go through this type of situatoin and lose the hard earned money you have saved up in your business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2017 04:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ifranchise/nationwide/ifranchise-ifranchise-group-mark-seibert-ifranchise-consulting-took-money-promised-fra-1370127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Untrue Claims from Reviewer!

AUTHOR: Jenny Abraham, Face to Face Spa - (USA)

Hello, My name is Jenny Abraham, Founder & CEO of Face to Face Spa. I am giving a rebuttal to your claim because you have posted untrue statements about my company's experience with iFranchise. This is libel and I demand you remove my company's name and the 'fake' example from your report. This appears to be a viscuous attempt at disgracing iFranchise and I will not tolerate you advantageously using my company name to facilitate your tirade. You have made an absolute false claim about my company's experience with iFranchise. I'm not sure where you received your information regarding a 'spa consultant' telling you I spent nearly "a million dollars to iFranchise and had nothing to show for it". This is completely untrue. I have two spa consultants and both of them have denied ever making these statements, so I'm unsure why you would make something like this up. It is unprofessional. I also would have appreciated you contacting me to verify information before naming my company publically. It's peculiar that you feel warranted to post lies about my company's experiences with iFranchise, yet you refuse to even admit your name or the name of your own company in your review.

For the record, I have spent over a million dollars over the last 6 years developing my franchise, but that was not a charge from iFranchise. iFranchise charged me less than $100,000 for a full development package and prepared me to launch a successful franchise. There is a reason iFranchise is rated the best in the world. There is a reason Massage Envy successfully launched (iFranchise was responsible for their franchise development too). If you believe scaling a Franchisor business is going to be inexpensive, you are incorrect. Did you think it was going to be cheap? There are several financial obligations you must make in efforts to launch a successful franchise business, especially if you are an emerging franchise. Expenses include legal fees, marketing fees, franchise conventions, lead generation, site development, payroll for a corporate team, franchise training seminars, etc. iFranchise will give you the tools you need to launch your franchise system but they aren't going to do it for you.

If you are unsuccessful at launching your company, perhaps you are not following the guidance they gave you, including the franchisee marketing plan. Perhaps you need to consider replacing your CEO who should be responsible for scaling your franchise sysyem. Unfortunately, CEO service is not a role that iFranchise promises. It sounds like you are playing a 'blaming game' for your company's inability to reach your growth expectations. iFranchise helped me develop a fully loaded operations and training manual, provided me and my team with advanced training on franchising. They also created a franchise marketing plan, business development plan, and even did a thorough investigative analysis for my franchise system to give me an inside scoop of what my competitors are doing. I interviewed several franchise companies that were less expensive but they had little to show for themselves in regards to successful franchise systems. Many have a cookie-cutter ops manual template, or are trying to find a way to gain a piece of ownership of your company. iFranchise is not this type of company. The reason I chose iFranchise: integrity & quality. I can't say enough positive things about iFranchise. Mark Siebert, David Omholt, Tommy Clark, and Dan Levy were all wonderful mentors to me, and I feel comfortable calling each of them at anytime for advice on my franchise system. They have guided me in the right direction any time I have questions or concerns. My only regret to iFranchise? Not responding to your review sooner. Remove the false statements you made about me and my company, or please expect to hear from my attorney with a demand letter to do so. Libel is illegal and I will not tolerate you using my company's name to feed your quest to harm Mark Siebert's reputation. Thank you. Sincerely, Jenny Abraham, RN Founder & CEO Face to Face Spa Face to Face Franchising, LLC facetofacefranchising.com