Complaint Review: IGH Rewards Club

• IGH Rewards Club

Nationwide
    USA

IGH Rewards Club Points Deleted From My IHG Rewards Account Nationwide

I contacted IHG Rewards today and learned that 20,139 points were removed from my account in May 2017.

I explained that when I called IGH Rewards February 29th, 2016 to update my account information --- I asked about IHG's policy regarding expiration of pointsm, and the representative stated that points do not expire.

I travel frequently, and therefore belong to many rewards programs. I meticulously manage these rewards accounts, so when speaking the the IHG representative, I updated my point balance and added the note that "points do not expire" to a spreadsheet that I use to manage my rewards.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express June 14th, 2017, and when checking my point balance --- I see 20,139 points were removed from my account.

I called to ask why, and was told that a new policy went into effect in April 2015 stating that if there is no activity within 1 year, points expire.

I specifically asked the question about their point expiration policy when updating my account February 29th, 2016. IHG's employee stated that points do not expire.

The individual I spoke to at IHG points to discuss this matter was of no help --- stating that the points have expired.

IHG should be responsible to train their employees so customers are not given erroneouse advice regarding policies.

I did not recieve communication for IHG regarding the status of my account and impending expiration of points.

Total Rip Off....

A very dissapointed customer.

John

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2017 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/igh-rewards-club/nationwide/igh-rewards-club-points-deleted-from-my-ihg-rewards-account-nationwide-1379653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content