Complaint Review: IKEA

• Reported By: Deerfield Beach Florida
  • IKEA
    151 NW 136th Avenue
    Sunrise, Florida

I bought a KULLEN Wardrobe with three drawers for $149.00 cash. I drove 1 hour to this store to buy this item. When I opened the box at home I discovered that many of the parts were missing; all five shelves were missing, all screws, nuts, bolts,handles etc. small parts in bags were missing, all of the parts for the two drawers on the bottom of the wardrobe were missing. I returned to the store and spoke to Andrea (from returns) and Cindy (Frontline manager). They told me that they could not provide the larger missing parts; however they could provide me with the smaller part (nuts, screws, bolts, etc.) for $25.00. This is not how a profesional establishment runs buisness.
I drove one hour and spent half a tank of gas to buy the product at the store, then after my discovery of missing parts, I had to drive back to the store and waste my time and gas money with an unresolved problem. Now I have very large pieces of unassembled wood and useless material in my home.

Aubry
Deerfield Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2009 09:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ikea/sunrise-florida-33325/ikea-ikea-wardrobe-sunrise-florida-442110. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

why did you not return the item

AUTHOR: Lambmit - (U.S.A.)

You could of just retunred the item. I live about 2 hours away from an Ikea. I have bought stuff that was damaged and just returned the items.

Ummm....

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Okay while what you described is pretty much impossible. The answer to this may be very..very simple.

According to their web site this comes in TWO boxes. If you only picked up one of course have the items are going to be missing, because they are in the 2nd box.

As to what to do about it if this is the case. It will probably be very hard to convince them that an entire box was missed. But keep in mind Attitude is everything.

If you did the Self-Checkout then you are probably out of luck as it is your responsibility to make sure you have all of the boxes. If you were checked out by a Cashier you may be able to convince them that the Cashier should have caught it and you in fact did not get the 2nd box. You may even be able to convince the managment that this is the first thing they should have asked when you talked to them. But even here you may be out of luck.

Also, instead of traveling back an hour why did you not call them first?