Complaint Review: Illinois tollway

• Illinois tollway
    2700 Ogden Ave
    Downers Grove, Illinois
    USA

Illinois tollway Illinois toll road Try to pay the tolls online they say you dont have any call to pay they say you dont owe then charge you $400.00 for fines Downers Grove Illinois

I didnt have cash when traveling through Illinois and they have signs stating you can pay online within 7 days.

3 days later i went online to pay and there were no missed tolls. Knowing I missed tolls I called and a customer service rep asked me if I had any prepaid pass. I told her I did but it is from Florida. She told me that the pass then picked up the tolls. I told her I didnt think a Florida pass worked in Illinois. She said it must have.

More than a month later i get a letter stating I owed over 400.00 in fines for unpaid tolls. $36.00 in tolls and a $400.00 fine.

I called customer service who said they cant do anything. I filled out a form for a hearing and called customer service again as I wanted a phone hearing and they set me up for a mail hearing. THe rep also stated there isnt anything they can do. I did some research and called the inspector general who referred me to a Kevin. He called me back and he said he understands i shouldnt be fined as I made every attempt to pay it but again there is nothinh he can do about it.

A fine should only be levied if someone intentionally tries to get out of paying the  tolls.I made evey effort to pay these and shouldnt be fined $400.00 when it was their system that showed I didnt owe anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2017 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/illinois-tollway/downers-grove-illinois-60515/illinois-tollway-illinois-toll-road-try-to-pay-the-tolls-online-they-say-you-dont-have-an-1357899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content