Complaint Review: IMAX The 3D Experiance / Regal Cinema

• Reported By: buffalo grove Illinois
  • IMAX The 3D Experiance / Regal Cinema
    300 Parkway Drive
    Lincolnshire, Illinois

IMAX The 3D Experiance / Reagel Cinima IMAX The 3D Experiance / Regal Cinima IMAX The 3D Experiance / Regal Cinema IMAX 3D for Harry Potter & the half blood prince is only the first 10 minutes including the opening credits. Lincolnshire Illinois

*Author of original report: Regal Cimema O.K. in my book

I decided to treat my son and go see the new Haryy Potter movie, Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince. It was decided we would go to the regular showing at 11:45am and I would be able to use my Regal Rewards card which I have a free ticket for.

As I drove to theater I knew there was a 12:20pm showing at the IMAX and I kept thinking maybe I will treat my son. I decided to stop a book store and waste a little time, my son a little concerned, figured out what was on and was ecstatic to see Harry in 3D at the IMAX!

What would have cost me $8.00 (one free ticket and a matinee) will now be $30.00 for the both of us. It's all good because he has been a great kid this summer and deserves it and I myself am a little excited.

We get into the movie and settle in. With our 3d glasses on the show begins. First a comming attraction for the new 3D A Christmas Carol, it looks spectacular. Then begins Harry Potter and WOW it really looks great enormus screen, great effects, the opening credits are even interesting.

Then not even 10 minutes later a small circle showing a line through glasses is on screen, the prompt to remove your glasses. O.K. this cool, I have no headache the movie is good my son is very happy and cannot wait to put the glasses back on...it never happens.

I don't know that I have ever been so annoyed in my life, at no time did I think that was it as far as the "3D Experience" is concerned, I always thought the glasses would go back on.

I feel this is a classic case of bait & switch. Nothing I read in the paper, online or at theater said the 3D portion is only for a very, very short time. The extra money for IMAX was not enough they charged even more because of it being a "3D Experience"

I am not even sure who to be upset with, the movie house, Regal, IMAX or the Harry Potter franchise.

People should know what they are getting before the lay there money down and I for one feel very deceived.

Harry Potter & the ripped off 3d experiance
buffalo grove, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2009 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/imax-the-3d-experiance-regal-cinema/lincolnshire-illinois-60069/imax-the-3d-experiance-reagel-cinima-imax-the-3d-experiance-regal-cinima-imax-the-3d-e-476663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Regal Cimema O.K. in my book

AUTHOR: Half ripped off brother - (U.S.A.)

After I posted this report I called Regal Cinema and the person I spoke with was very thoughtful and concerned. She said that I am not the only one complaining. They will be trying to make it more clear in future. The advertisements say select scenes are 3D but she definitely sided with me and thought it was vague.

She took my name and address and said she will send a few free passes.

That is great customer service especially for something out of their control.

Thank you Regal Cinema, the rest of ya are still on the hook