Complaint Review: IndyMac Bank, Now One West

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

IndyMac Bank, Now One West Mislead, lie Kansas CityKansas City Missouri

In January of 2009 I answered a solicitation by IndyMac to refinance my mortgage.I had several offers but decided to go with my current lender, IndyMac, as the rate was good and the package was structured to best suit my needs.

It took some time for the bank to finalize but by March we were certain we were close to finalizing our package. Then our entire team was let go. We were not apprised of this development until my husband called the 800 number and tracked down a supervisor so that we had some inkling of what was happening.

By late March, the new team picked up the pace, albeit with a much bigger workload on their plates. We were assured there would be no interruption in our process. Finally, in May we got our closing date (6/22). Our hopes were quickly deflated when the papers were not prepared to include our taxes and insurance. The numbers were wrong. The papers were supposed to be corrected so that we could close. I left voicemails and emails to no avail. I begged for some explanation...to no avail. Finally we tracked down someone in corporate who informed us that our rate had expired. Not good. Please don't deal with this failed bank!

Anonymous
Weston, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2009 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/indymac-bank-now-one-west/kansas-city-missouri-64131/indymac-bank-now-one-west-mislead-lie-kansas-citykansas-city-missouri-458890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content