Complaint Review: Infinite Talent

• Reported By: Beverly Hills California
  • Infinite Talent
    1901 Newport Blvd
    Costa Mesa, California

Infinite Talent Is At It Again scam, fraud, model, talent, management, web hosting, fee, zed card, photographer Costa Mesa, California

I responded to an ad on craigslist that said Infinite Talent was looking for new faces. They called me in for an interview, Heather looked at my photos, and tried to set me up with an appointment the next day to meet with 'executives' for test shots. Living in LA and having to drive all the way to costa mesa, I set the appointment for four days later.

When I showed up at the second appt. I met with Camille who took 5 quick shots and then told me to wait outside for 15 minutes while they reviewed and decided if they wanted to work with me. When they called me back in they said they'd love to work with me and basically Camille went into a pitch about what they do. It came down to paying 30 bucks a month to be hosted on a website, but they had to have 6 months ($180) up front to show that I was committed. I told them that I would get back to them.

I walked out of there really pi**ed. Part of me thought it might be worth it, because they made it sound like their models were getting bookings from clients all the time, and I thought, "it will pay for itself with the first job". But the other part of me was enraged merely thinking about the fact that they had been sly and manipulative and not told me up front what it was all about.

I came home and looked them up, and found this website. I CAN'T BELIEVE how long this has been going on! I just don't understand how something like this can be legal, and how these people haven't been busted long ago. I mean, the first post on these characters is from 2004!

I am grateful that I managed to escape forking over hundreds of dollars for registration and photos like some poor people, but I am pissed about the time I wasted driving down there, paying for gas, and missing better opportunities.

They are clearly soulless, pathetic human beings, leeching off of the dreams of unsuspecting young people. I would love to see them in jail.

They are very good at what they do, and they keep moving from city to city. I hope that someone who has gone through these experiences is angry enough to really bring some legal action against them and shut them down.

Wasted time
Beverly Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2008 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/infinite-talent/costa-mesa-california-92627/infinite-talent-is-at-it-again-scam-fraud-model-talent-management-web-hosting-fee-z-340780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content