Complaint Review: Infovpass

• Infovpass
    2600 Lake Lucien Drive Suite 201
    Maitland, Florida
    United States of America

Infovpass Global Travel International fraudulent purchase impossible to cancel Maitland, Florida

On February 26, 2011, I clicked a link that appeared to come from a Facebook friend. In exchange for free airline tickets, I was instructed to participate in a series of surveys that resulted in this charge. I did not agree to any purchase or any charge, except for a credit report from a different company, which I willingly purchased. I never knowingly would have joined a travel group, as I have no need for such a product.

The scam occurred in February 26, and the charge was posted to my Capital One account on March 16, about 20 days later.  When the charge appeared on my Capital One statement, I immediately disputed it. The company representative said that the 14-day cancellation period had passed and that I was responsible for the charge. I did not know I had purchased anything so I did not know there was anything to cancel. The charge was posted to my statement well past the cancellation deadline.

Infovpass.com is also known as Global Travel International.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2011 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/infovpass/maitland-florida-32751/infovpass-global-travel-international-fraudulent-purchase-impossible-to-cancel-maitland-738900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content